May is coming! New beers, taproom update & more
April 19, 2016
We are due for an update as there is much going on at the brewery and the taproom and many events coming in May.
New Beers. First up, we have a slew of new beers coming at the taproom in May. To celebrate the greatest spectacle in racing we have a new limited beer that we will release for the first time this May. This special new beer is Race Day American Craft Lager. The inspiration for this beer comes from our lager series and we also wanted to brew a beer for race fans that is enjoyable from start to finish of a typical 500 mile race day. One fun part of making this beer was that we were able to use freshly ground masa which we sourced from our friends at The Tamale Place in the recipe. Our Race Day lager will be available on draft at the taproom and we will have a limited number of Crowlers (32 oz cans) complete with the official Race Day label available for Race Weekend. It may make some guest taps around Indy too so stay tuned. Look for this to tap around May 13th.
Next up for new taproom beers in May
* Maibock (which literally means “May Bock”) is a new lager release that should tap around May 6th. This traditional German-style beer is a lighter style bock beer that celebrates the return of summer.
* Slip Stream American Pale Ale will return on draft in mid-May.
* Dunkel is another new lager release that will tap around May 27th. This dark lager style is a malty and refreshing beer.
* Whimsy is a new Summer Saison that we will release for the first time in mid-May. Look for more information it the coming weeks as it will be a very refreshing summer beer to enjoy on the patio.
* And look for the Nitro taps we recently introduced to get tap’d on a regular basis (usually on Fridays) with a rotation of beers including Nitro versions of Pils, Rip Cord, Lift Off & J.W.P. and maybe some other new things that we do just for fun.
Kitchen update. If you have not been in to the taproom in a few weeks or months you may have missed we expanded the foods we offer in addition to continuing to support our guests bringing in food or ordering delivery from the many local restaurants near us. Our kitchen menu now has a daily soup option and a cheese & meat board on weekdays and on the weekend we add a sandwich special. We are working with great local partners to put together options that pair well with our beers as well are just darn tasty. Nuvo had a really nice write up on our taproom food options a couple weeks ago.We are very excited to be working with great local partners like Smoking Goose, Tulip Tree Creamery, Amelia’s Bread and Piazza Produce.
Taproom events. Bands at the Brewery, our regular live music series starts back up for the summer season on Saturday, April 30th with a fan favorite, Southern Reserve, which brings a mix of country, country rock and classic rock. The live music takes place on our outdoor stage and we have a really fun lineup for the month of May.
Race Day (aka the 100th Indy 500) Sunday, May 29th. Our taproom will open at 7 am for all the people arriving early or staying in the area who are looking to come out before heading to the track. We also will be airing the radio feed during the race and then be open to 8 pm if you want to have a place to hang out after the race.
Some things to know
* Yes, you can do carry out from our brewery on race day.
* We also will have extra outside beer stations in addition to being able to come inside to grab a beer at the taproom.
* Uber/Taxis: The official drop off for race day is on the corner in front of our brewery at Gilman & Main Street
* Bike to the 500: New this year you can do a group bike ride out to the 500. We are providing parking on our the south side of our lot and very excited to work with IndyCOG, the 500 Festival and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on making this happen. You have to register to participate so do that today.
* We will have B’s Po Boy & King David Dogs at our place providing some great food options. B’s is even making beignets that morning.
And if you missed that we expanded our hours at the taproom a couple months back we keep all that information at daredevilbeer.com/taproom. Tuesday to Thursday is 3-9pm, Friday/Saturday is 11 am to 10 pm and Sunday is 11 am to 8 pm.
As always Aggressively Fun!